DIY Sheer White Lace-trimmed Bra Sewing Kit, Dyeable, FREE Wash Bag Included!
You can make this beautiful lacy bra yourself, and either leave it white, or dye it for a custom-colored bra! Since making the white sample bra shown here, Lindy has dyed it; see Note 3 below for links to her blog posts with details and tutorials.
Please note that these materials are not included: Pattern, thread, underwires, and dyes. All kit materials are listed below.
The materials you'll receive are exactly what you'll need to make the bra shown; quantities are actually slightly larger than what was used for the size 38DD sample. (This is the largest size in the pattern; see Note 2 below for details about the pattern used.)
Here's what you'll receive (numbers correspond to materials in the 4th photo):
1. Non-stretch cup-lining fabric, white, 100% nylon, approx. 24" x 16" (used in sample for upper/lower cups, bridge lining)
2. White nylon-coated 5/8" rings and sliders for adjustable straps, 2 sets
3. White flower embellishment, 1
4. 4"-wide stretch lace trim, white, approx. 22" (used for upper cups, bridge)
5. 5/8"-wide strap elastic, white, approx. 40"
6. White Swiss dot stretchy sheer mesh, approx. 16" x 12" (used for lower cups, bridge lining)
7. Picot-edge 1/2"-wide elastic trim, white, approx. 54"
8. Heat-sealed back closure, 3 hooks high, white, approx. 1 3/4" high x 2 3/8" wide
9. Plush-back underwire channeling, white, approx. 32"
10. Medium-weight powernet fabric for back band, white, nylon/Spandex, approx. 22" x 8"
1. There is NO PATTERN included in this kit. Underwires and dyes are also not included.
2. The pattern used for the sample is Kwik-Sew 3300. Be sure to check their measurement chart, since they may use a different sizing system than you're used to.
3. Lindy has written several blog posts about this bra project; the first has an overview of the project. There's also one with details about laying out the pattern pieces, and a few changes I made to the construction of the bra. And there's another post on how I ombré-dyed this bra (in last photo).
4. This pattern is a partial-band style, which calls for less band material. The quantity of power net material included in this kit should be enough for most partial-band styles. (Please note that we can't guarantee that these materials will work with every pattern available. If you have any questions about quantities, please ask before placing your order.)
5. Although the materials in this kit are mostly nylon, every item seems to take dye a little differently. When this sample was dyed, the rings and sliders (on the straps) and the flower embellishment turned out much lighter than the rest of the bra. This will depend on many factors, including the type of dye you use and how long you leave the bra in the dye bath.
6. Your kit will be packaged in the handy mesh wash bag (last photo), perfect for laundering your delicates! This bag is 14" x 18" with a nylon zipper. The bag in the photo has already been through the wash several times; there's 1 bra and 1 panty inside, to give you an idea of its capacity.
Note: Because of the size of the mesh, we recommend fastening your bra's hook & eye closure before putting it in the bag.
7. If using the wash bag, machine-wash in cool/cold water on the delicate cycle, and air-dry your pieces (please don't put them in the dryer!). Otherwise, we recommend that you hand-wash and air-dry your hand-made bra. For the first two washes after dyeing, we also recommend keeping your panty separate from other items, just in case there's any color bleeding.
8. Now available: A kit to make a matching panty!
Of course, you are free to use any pattern you want, as long as the pieces will work with this kit's material sizes! (If you're not sure, lay your pattern pieces out in spaces corresponding to the material sizes listed above.)
QUESTIONS? Please ask before you order! Some materials can be customized, for example, if you'd like a larger piece of power net to make a full band, I can usually accommodate you (additional charges may apply).