DIY Lace-topped thong panty sewing KIT in Black Jade, FREE wash bag included!
You can make this gorgeous lace-trimmed thong yourself, with all the materials you need included in this kit! (You'll need to bring your own pattern and thread.)
Please note: Pattern and thread are not included.
The materials you'll receive are exactly what you'll need to make the panty shown; quantities are actually slightly larger than what was used for this size XL sample.
Like this color palette? Get the palette, with color specifications and editable layers, to use in your own projects!
Here's what you'll receive (numbers correspond to materials in the 4th photo):
1. Teal green 90% bamboo/10% Spandex jersey-knit fabric, approx. 20" x 16"
2. Black 6"-wide stretch galloon lace, approx. 4 feet (1 1/3 yds.)
3. Natural (undyed, shown in photos) cotton knit for crotch lining, approx. 7" x 9"
NEW: Crotch lining fabric is now also available in black (95% cotton/5% spandex); be sure to choose color when ordering.
4. Black 3/4" satin-finish foldover elastic (3/4" total width before folding), approx. 45"
1. There is NO PATTERN included in this kit.
2. The pattern I started with for my sample is Kwik-Sew 3881, View D, which has been modified to use the wide lace trim on top.
3. Lindy has written 2 blog posts for this thong project, the first showing how to make the pattern modifications ; the second post shows how to sew it together.
4. The blog posts also include instructions for sewing with foldover elastic.
5. If using the wash bag, machine-wash in cool/cold water on the delicate cycle, and air-dry your pieces (please don't put them in the dryer!). Otherwise, I recommend that you hand-wash and air-dry your hand-made panty. For the first two washes, I also recommend keeping your panty separate from other items, just in case there's any color bleeding. (This can happen with commercially-dyed fabrics, and well as hand-dyed ones.)
Of course, you are free to use any pattern you want, as long as the pieces will work with this kit's material sizes! (If you're not sure, lay your pattern pieces out in spaces corresponding to the material sizes listed above.)
Questions? Please ask before you order!