DIY high-waist panty sewing KIT, blue/black ombré, mesh trim, FREE wash bag included!
You can make this gorgeous ombré panty yourself, with all the materials you need included in this kit, including the unusual mesh trim inserted into the front seams! (In the 2nd photo, there's a piece of white paper under the trim so you can get the full effect. Cool, right?)
Please note: Pattern and thread are not included.
The materials you'll receive are exactly what you'll need to make the panty shown; quantities are actually slightly larger than what was used for this size XL sample.
Like this color palette? Get the palette, with color specifications and editable layers, to use in your own projects!
Here's what you'll receive (numbers correspond to materials in the 4th photo):
1. 1/2"-wide mesh elastic trim, black, approx. 15" (The 3rd photo shows a close-up, with white paper under it so you can see the sheer effect.)
2. 5/8"-wide foldover elastic (for legs), black, approx. 56"
3. Jersey-knit 2-way-stretch fabric, bright blue-to-black ombré REVERSING to solid bright blue, 95% polyester/5% Spandex , approx. 12" x 60"*
4. Cotton knit (for crotch lining), 95% cotton/5% Spandex, black, approx. 12" x 9"
5. 1"-wide foldover elastic (for waistband), black, approx. 36"
*About this fabric: This fabric is reversible, with solid bright blue on one side, and blue-to-black ombré on the other; the ombré section is relatively small, so there's enough fabric in this kit to give you options for how to place the ombré part for your own project. Lots of creative possibilities here!
In this sample, the ombré is used on the front panel only, and the solid blue for the rest of the panty. When you're looking at the photo of the panty from the front, it looks like the back of the panty might be black, but that's because of the reversible nature of the fabric. There's a photo of the back of the panty here so you can clearly see that.
1. There is NO PATTERN included in this kit.
2. The pattern I started with for my sample is MakeBra's DL21. This pattern has no side seams; the back piece wraps around to the front, meeting the front panel.
3. I've written a blog post for this panty project, including instructions for inserting the mesh trim into the front seams, and links to my complete tutorials for sewing the enclosed crotch lining seams, and for attaching the foldover elastic to the top band and legs.
4. If using the wash bag, machine-wash in cool/cold water on the delicate cycle, and air-dry your pieces (please don't put them in the dryer!). Otherwise, I recommend that you hand-wash and air-dry your hand-made panty. For the first two washes, I also recommend keeping your panty separate from other items, just in case there's any color bleeding. (This is unlikely with these particular materials, but it can happen.)
5. Your kit will be packaged in the handy mesh wash bag (last photo), perfect for laundering your delicates! This bag is 14" x 18" with a nylon zipper. The bag in the photo has already been through the wash several times; there's 1 bra and 1 panty inside, to give you an idea of its capacity.
6. A matching bra is now also available, in a separate kit!
Of course, you are free to use any pattern you want, as long as the pieces will work with this kit's material sizes! (If you're not sure, lay your pattern pieces out in spaces corresponding to the material sizes listed above.)
Questions? Please ask before you order!