You can make this striking ombré foam-lined bra yourself, with all the materials you need included in this kit! We especially love the unique mesh elastic trim.
Some of the materials in this kit have been hand-dyed to coordinate with the main fabric; this particular kit has hand-dyed strap elastic and underwire channeling. (Please note that, although the hand-dyed materials have been thoroughly rinsed, there's always a slight possibility that a small amount of residual color may rinse out in the first washing. See Note #5 for more information.)
Please note: Pattern, underwires, and thread are not included.
The materials you'll receive are exactly what you'll need to make the panty shown; quantities are actually slightly larger than what was used for this size 36DD sample.
Like this color palette? Get the palette, with color specifications and editable layers, to use in your own projects!
Here's what you'll receive (numbers correspond to materials in the 5th photo):
1. Bright blue-to-black ombré fabric, 95% nylon/5% Spandex, approx. 30" x 24"
2. Black nylon-coated rings and sliders for adjustable straps, 2 sets
3. 15-denier nylon fabric for bridge/frame lining, approx. 18" x 14"
4. 5/8"-wide foldover elastic for cup/strap trim, black, approx. 50"
5. Back hook & eye closure, black, approx. 3" high/4 hooks x 3 hooks wide (unfinished edges)
6. 5/8"-wide strap elastic, hand-dyed deep sapphire blue, approx. 28"
7. Underwire channeling, hand-dyed deep sapphire blue, approx. 32" (16" per wire)
8. Foam cup/front strap lining material, cream-colored polyester laminated to nylon foam, approx. 11" x 36"
9. 5/8"-wide mesh elastic trim for lower band and back band trim, black, approx. 51"
10. Medium-weight powernet fabric for back band, black, nylon/Spandex, approx. 20" x 7"
1. There is NO PATTERN included in this kit.
2. The pattern I started with for my sample is Make Bra DL02. Be sure to check their measurement chart, since they use a different sizing system.
3. I've written a blog post about this bra project, with details about laying out the pattern pieces on the ombré fabric, information about materials, and more links.
4. This pattern calls for making fabric straps that are cut in one piece with the central cup pieces, extending over the shoulders, and connecting to elastic straps in the back. The quantity of strap material included in this kit should be enough for most strap styles. (Please note that we can't guarantee that these materials will work with every pattern available.)
5. If using the wash bag, machine-wash in cool/cold water on the delicate cycle, and air-dry your pieces (please don't put them in the dryer!). Otherwise, we recommend that you hand-wash and air-dry your hand-made panty. For the first two washes, we also recommend keeping your panty separate from other items, just in case there's any color bleeding. (This can happen with commercially-dyed fabrics, and well as hand-dyed ones.)
6. Your kit will be packaged in the handy mesh wash bag (last photo), perfect for laundering your delicates! This bag is 14" x 18" with a nylon zipper. The bag in the photo has already been through the wash several times; there's 1 bra and 1 panty inside, to give you an idea of its capacity.
Note: Because of the size of the mesh, we recommend fastening your bra's hook & eye closure before putting it in the bag.
7. Now available: A matching panty kit!
Of course, you are free to use any pattern you want, as long as the pieces will work with this kit's material sizes! (If you're not sure, lay your pattern pieces out in spaces corresponding to the material sizes listed above.)
QUESTIONS? Please ask before you order! Some materials can be customized, for example, if you'd like a larger piece of power net to make a full band, we can usually accommodate you (additional charges may apply).