For the first time, Colormusing palettes are available for your own use!
Each download includes a .zip file* with the following:
1 Adobe Photoshop CC file (.psd), 1200 x 800 pixels, 150 ppi resolution. This file includes editable layers, including text layers labeling each color in the palette with its hex # and its CMYK values. There is a layer with the entire palette, and palette colors are also each on separate layers.
- 1 JPEG file (.jpg), 1200 x 800 pixels, 150 ppi resolution. This file includes the palette only.
*You'll need a utility such as StuffIt Expander to unzip the downloaded file.
What can you do with a Colormusing palette, you ask? Off the top of my head:
- You can apply the colors to your blog or website's theme to customize the colors (use the hex #s for this), or simply use the palette layer (JPEG) by itself as a background;
- Incorporate colors into graphic design work (use CMYK values if your project is to be printed);
- Use the palette layer as is to create a striped custom fabric, or use some or all of the palette hues to color your own design;
- Make the palette into one layer of a photo montage, for an artistic wash of color;
- Use the palette as part of your wedding color scheme!
I'm sure you'll think of lots more things to do with this palette! And hey, I'd love to post photos of your projects on the Colormusing blog, so send them to me (firstname.lastname@example.org) when they're done!
Inspired by these colors? Get the Scraplet Skein™ shown here!
And by the way, the proportions of the colors in this palette don't have to stay the same; you can get dramatically different effects by simply altering how much you have of one or more of the palette colors. Just a thought.
Please note that the image shown here is not what you will be receiving; the palette will be what you see here, but there will be no watermark.
Legal stuff: You are purchasing the rights to use these files in any way you wish, personal and/or commercial use. Pretty great.