You can make this gorgeous embellished panty yourself, with all the materials you need included in this kit!
The foldover elastics, cotton knit, and flower embellishment in this kit have been hand-dyed to create the tonal color palette of coral, fuchsia, and rose-red. (Please note that, although the hand-dyed materials have been thoroughly rinsed, there's always a slight possibility that a small amount of residual color may rinse out in the first washing. See Note #5 for more information.)
Please note: Pattern and thread are not included.
The materials you'll receive are exactly what you'll need to make the panty shown; quantities are actually slightly larger than what was used for this size XL sample.
Like this color palette? Get the palette, with color specifications and editable layers, to use in your own projects!
Here's what you'll receive (numbers correspond to materials in the 4th photo):
1. 1 3/8"-wide foldover elastic (for top band), deep rose-red (hand-dyed), approx. 1 yard
2. Flower embellishment, fuchsia (hand-dyed), 1
3. Jersey-knit fabric, bright coral 95% polyester/5% Spandex , approx. 27" x 24"
4. 5/8"-wide foldover elastic (for legs), deep rose-red (hand-dyed), approx. 48"
5. Cotton knit (for crotch lining), fuchsia (hand-dyed), approx. 9" x 8"
1. There is NO PATTERN included in this kit.
2. The pattern I started with for my sample is Kwik-Sew 3881, which I've modified by using foldover elastic and adding the embellishment.
3. I've written a blog post for this panty project, including complete tutorials for sewing the enclosed crotch lining seams, and for attaching the foldover elastic to the top band and legs.
4. If using the wash bag, machine-wash in cool/cold water on the delicate cycle, and air-dry your pieces (please don't put them in the dryer!). Otherwise, we recommend that you hand-wash and air-dry your hand-made panty. For the first two washes, we also recommend keeping your panty separate from other items, just in case there's any color bleeding. (This can happen with commercially-dyed fabrics, and well as hand-dyed ones.)
5. Your kit will be packaged in the handy mesh wash bag (last photo), perfect for laundering your delicates! This bag is 14" x 18" with a nylon zipper. The bag in the photo has already been through the wash several times; there's 1 bra and 1 panty inside, to give you an idea of its capacity.
6. A matching bra is now also available in a separate kit!
Of course, you are free to use any pattern you want, as long as the pieces will work with this kit's material sizes! (If you're not sure, lay your pattern pieces out in spaces corresponding to the material sizes listed above.)
QUESTIONS? Please ask before you order! Some materials can be customized, for example, if you'd like a larger piece of power net to make a full band, we can usually accommodate you (additional charges may apply).